Stagi (formerly Bastari) continues to be the concertina of choice for the beginning to intermediate player. All models have steel accordion-style reeds, and their mellow tone makes them ideally suited for song accompaniment.
Stagi concertinas are affordable instruments that can provide years of playing enjoyment. However, buying a Stagi from a mass-market web retailer can be a disappointing experience. Because Stagis are mass produced, they require thorough checking, adjustment and a complete tuning to bring them into good playing condition. The Button Box is the only retailer that performs this service to your new instrument, at no extra cost.
Our skilled technicians enhance Stagi concertinas by:
- checking for and repairing leaks
- completely tuning all reeds so that the instrument is in concert pitch (a=440 Hz)
- checking and repairing the action mechanism to ensure that it is quiet and responsive
- adjusting valves to minimize noise
- adjusting the reed set to make sure that the voicing is even.
We spend considerable time on each concertina before it goes to its new home, and we guarantee our new instruments for one full year. You may see a Stagi concertina sold for a lower price by another retailer -- but there may be hidden costs. Customers who bought a Stagi elsewhere have spent hundreds of dollars with our repair department to fix problems that the Button Box takes care of before you buy.